E-MAIL: IFSEI7@GMAIL.COM

18.4.10

Big Sean x Complex *Interview*




Complex: How’d you come up with your name?

Big Sean
: Well obviously, I’m not that big, physically. I’m just big where it counts man – I got a big heart! [Laughs.] Nah, I got it from my mentor when I was around that age [12, 13], I was super young, and in our neighborhood, there was this guy Sean Menifee who took a couple of kids in from our neighborhood. He was a guy who knew how to record music and made beats, so he was looking for kids to keep them out of trouble, keep them productive, and trying to find the big thing. Anybody who had talent. So I hooked up with him through a couple of my friends and we joined a group. His name was Sean, and my name was Sean. So he called me Big Sean, I called him Lil Sean, just to be an asshole and be funny, and it stuck with me. Notorious B.I.G. was one of my favorites. I started getting into hip-hop around the Bad Boy era. I’m 22, so that was one of the first hip-hop eras I really got into. Plus, everything I wanted to do was big. I feel like my music is big, the mark I’ma leave in this world is big, so I feel like that’s the perfect name.



Read the rest of the interview..... [HERE]

#]

0 comments: